Monday, March 3, 2008

We get to go Skiing

The other week we enrolled David and couple of his buddies in a snowboard class up at Whitepass ski resort. It's been over four years since Jen and I have been skiing so it was a great opportunity for us to get some skiing in as well. I'm happy to report that I can still ski fairly well. David and his friends are picking up snowboarding fairly well. You won't see them on a Warren Miller film anytime soon, but they are getting the hang of it.

Zach also went up with us. We didn't plan to, but he gave us the puppy dog eyes that we can't resist the night before. We enrolled him in a day long play care that took him on the bunny slope and gave him a bit of a snowboard lesson. Next time I think we'll try him on skis.


The only person to really injure themselves was me. We could have gone down a medium run called "Paradise", but instead opted for a black diamond called "Holiday Cliffs". It turned out to be one of those runs where the slope is steep enough that it's not visible from the top. On my first turn I hit a block of ice which flipped me over on my back. I then proceeded to bounce down the moguls on my back. Jen called from the top "You aren't filling me with confidence!" I ended up wrenching my arm bad enough that it's still pretty sore ten days later. The boys have one more lesson left, which means I get to go skiing again!!